G-91-R

Technical Specifications
Name : FIAT G-91
Family : Fighter-Bomber Reconnaissance Aircraft
Manufacturer : FIAT
Nation : Italy
Production Year : 1953
Dimensions
Length : 10.29 m
Span : 8.56 m
Height : 4.00 m
Wing Area : 16.43 m²
Weights
Empty : 3100 kg
Maximum Take-off :  5500 kg
Engines
1 Bristol-Siddley Orpheus 803-02 Turbojet
22.26 kN Thrust
Performances
Maximum Speed : 1075 km/h
Range : 1150 km
Cealing : 13260 m
Armament
Machinegun/Cannon/2 or 4 underwing attaching points
Nose Recognition Cameras
History

The Fiat G-91 was a fighter-bomber/reconnaissance single-engine jet aircraft with swept wing designed by the team led by Ing. Giuseppe Gabrielli and produced by Fiat Aviazione (which later became Aeritalia) in the mid 1950s. It was used by Aeronautica Militare, German Luftwaffe, Portuguese Air Force and by Frecce Tricolori, the Italian National Aerobatic Team, until it was replaced by the Aermacchi MB-339-PAN. lts design was inspired by the F-86 Sabre, and was the FIAT proposal in a contest for an attack and tactical support aircraft made by NATO in December 1953. The Fiat G-91 fully complied with the features required: it could take off and ]and on unprepared airfields, it had good speed (the first prototype got over mach 1 at 9.000 m) and it could carry offensive loads of at least 450 kg. Monopiane, low wing, with swept configuration, (37° sweep), it had a fuselage with semi-monocoque light alloy structure, the engine housed at the rear and in front of it the fuel tanks and the landing gear were positioned. The cockpit was equipped with a Martin Baker Mk3 ejection seat that was later upgraded to the 00 version. The 4 machine guns (or, in the German versions, 2 cannons) were placed next to the air intake, under the cabin, while at the extreme nose were installed the cameras. Depending on the versions, the wings were equipped with two or four pylons for fuel tanks or weapon loads (generally bombs or rocket launchers). The G-91 exhibited in Volandia is c/n 199 and belongs to the R/1B version. It was on duty with 2° Stormo Caccia 14° Gruppo, as number 2-16, MM 6395 in Sant’Angelo di Treviso from 1967 to 1992. Later it was positioned as “gate guardian” at the military depot in Bovolone, till October 2015, wearing a false Frecce Tricolori livery.
It was restored to its originai camouflage scheme by the Amici di Volandia Association.

kids & family
Simulator area
Pic-Nic Area

Subscribe to the Newsletter

  • Subscribe to our Newsletter